Constable Care Foundation is offering two fully funded Scholarships to attend the Curtin Ignition Program!
What is Ignition?
Ignition is an intensive, one-week training program for aspiring entrepreneurs, academics and corporate innovators to trial then prepare business ideas for the commercial environment. Ignition is comprised of a blend of practical teaching sessions, expert clinics, mentor sessions and experienced advice and support from leading entrepreneurs and innovators. It will give you the tools, contacts and confidence to transform your idea into a successful business venture.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at:
Ignition is aimed at founders of an early stage business and anyone with a specific idea for a new or improved product or service, and a passion for developing that idea into a real business proposition over one intensive week.
You might be:
- Thinking of starting a novel business
- Currently employed or at home and looking to propel your idea
- Student, graduate or academic considering your own venture
- Owner, founder or senior manager of an existing business considering diversification of products and markets, or a new venture.
- Looking to create social change through a not for profit business venture
What will you learn?
By the end of the week, you will have a business plan presentation and a clear way forward for your business idea.
You will also have:
- Learned how to explain your business opportunity in commercial terms;
- Learned a commercial approach in the development of innovative ideas;
- Learned how to identify good opportunities in a short period with minimal investment;
- Clarified your business idea, and tested it within a high calibre and safe environment;
- Had a great week of thinking time to accelerate your ideas.
What will you gain?
You will gain the inspiration, motivation and the tools required to commercialise your idea/innovation.
You will also:
- Develop key skills, to allow you to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively;
- Make a significant network of contacts within the business community, the investor network and your peers on the program;
- Increase your enthusiasm for your innovation, and gain the confidence to plan your next steps.
- Make a significant network of contacts within the business community, the investor network, funding and grant bodies and your peers on the program
How to apply for the funded scholarship?
Applicants must be prepared to commit one full week of their time to an intensive and results-focused program. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
Constable Care Foundation Applications are judged against the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should work in the not-for-profit sector, with applicants from NFP performing arts organisations strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants should have an idea that would deliver either a social change outcome or potentially establish an income stream for an NFP organisation
- The novelty of your business/idea/innovation.
- The likelihood of your business sustainability (market potential and uniqueness of your proposal),
- The preparation and action you have taken to progress your business/idea/innovation.
Award of scholarship places will be made by Constable Care Foundation and the Curtin Ignition team. The decision will be made based on the written information provided in the application form.
It is a condition of acceptance of your scholarship that you must participate in any surveys assigned by Constable Care Foundation and/or Curtin Ignition.
Apply online at: www.ignition.curtin.edu.au – closing date is July 16th 2021.
Scholarships are limited to one per business, and terms and conditions apply.